The national championship football game is on TV tonight! Call your squad together for a tailgate party. Here’s a fun recipe you can pair with some other favorites:
- When the dip is almost gone, you can eat the bowl!
- Make a tailgate smorgasbord with this recipe plus a pizza, raw veggies with dip and chip, and any other treats you like
- Make the dip at least 3 hours in advance, and chill ‘til party time
- About 30 minutes before serving time, put the dip in the “boat”
- Medium mixing bowl; knife; platter
2 C. sour cream
2 C. mayonnaise
5-6 finely-chopped green onions (both white and green parts)
3 pkgs. or jars smoked beef (dried beef is fine), slivered
1½ T. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 loaf unsliced round bread
Chips or raw vegetables, cut up
Combine all ingredients, except the bread, in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid. Let chill in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least three hours.
About 30 minutes before serving time, take a knife and cut a hole almost all the way through the bread, leaving about an inch of crust all around, turning it into a “boat.”
Reserve the bread that you cut out, and cut it into bite-size pieces. It can be used to scoop out the dip!
Fill the bread boat with the dip, and put back into the fridge to chill another 30 minutes before serving.
Put the bread boat on a platter and surround with chips, raw vegetables and the bread chunks you reserved.
When the dip is almost gone, slice up the loaf and enjoy the last slices.
The Guy Food Guy, Clay Friis, shares good eats for rookie cooks.
By Susan Darst Williams With Clay Friis | www.TheDailySusan.com | The Guy Food Guy | © 2017